Celebrating National Military Family Appreciation Month
Honoring all of those who serve, even at home
November 4, 2015 by Mark Dye
National Military Family Appreciation Month originally started in 1996 when the Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA) wanted a way to thank military families for the sacrifices they make. It has been recognized by the President and Congress ever since, and has become especially meaningful since the attacks of 9/11.
Over the past few years, we have created many blogs aimed at helping military families, whether it is tips on how to handle their finances, information about key benefits, and even some unique ways to have fun.
For the whole family
For the kids
- Keeping Your Kid Safe—From car seats to smart sleeping, tips on keeping your youngsters out of danger.
- Resources for At Need Children—Being the parent of an at-need child can be tough and stressful and even confusing. Thankfully, there are resources out there to help military families.
- Autism Resources for Military Families—Children with autism can have a wide variety of needs, but there are many assistance programs out there to help.
- Helping Kids Adjust to a New School—Moves are a part of military life, which can be difficult for kids who have to start a new school every few years. This blog has some tips that can hopefully smooth the transition.
- Frugal Vacation Ideas—Taking a “typical” family vacation can be expensive, but there are several affordable options for vacation fun.
- A Twist to Thanksgiving Favorites—Make your Thanksgiving unique with some of these unusual takes on traditional dishes.
- Military Resorts—When it’s time to get away, there are several options that cater specifically to military families.
- Transferring GI Bill Benefits— Sometimes, those who serve aren’t able to use their full GI Bill benefits. Thankfully, there are ways they can transfer some or all of them to a family member.
- Scholarships for Military Dependents— Military dependents have a distinct advantage when it comes to paying for school thanks to the thousands of grants and scholarships available to them. This blog can help get the search started.
- Daycare Spending— Choosing the right daycare for your kids can make all the difference, providing you with peace of mind and your kids with a fun learning experience.
- Teaching Kids Good Savings Habits—We came up with some fun ways to start a lifetime of good savings habits in your kids.
On behalf of everyone at Pioneer Services, thank you to all of our military families for everything you do for our nation!