Honoring those who serve during Military Appreciation Month
Donating, volunteering, and financial education advocacy lead Pioneer Services’ efforts
May 1, 2015
Kansas City, Mo.
The month of May is designated as National Military Appreciation Month (NMAM), a time to specifically recognize all those who have served, including military spouses and military families. Pioneer Services, a division of MidCountry Bank, and its team members around the country are undertaking a number of initiatives and events throughout the month of May to recognize our nation’s military.
“Our team members work every day to show their appreciation to military families,” said Steve Meads, President of Pioneer Services and MidCountry Bank. “As such, we encourage others to take a moment this month to recognize and thank those who continually sacrifice so much for our nation.”
Planned Pioneer activities include:
- Retail locations will be sponsoring and hosting local activities in various military markets, including Operation Appreciation with the Chamber of Commerce in Oceanside, CA. They will also display NMAM posters in the offices and encourage employees to wear “NMAM Thank You” buttons in their communities to further recognize service members.
- Updating the Military Financial Literacy Survey the company did last year with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC). Initial 2015 results show continued concern, and will be shared with military leadership, policymakers, and others to better meet the needs of military families.
- Free downloads of Pioneer’s award-winning Military Spouse Finance Guide and other helpful tips are available to recognize Military Spouse Appreciation Day on May 8.
- A financial donation to the Folds of Honor Foundation for educational scholarships to children of service members killed or severely disabled in combat.
- Teams will utilize Pioneer Service’s paid volunteer time off benefit to work at the Department of Veteran’s Affairs Stand-Down event for homeless vets.
To learn more about NMAM, visit www.nmam.org.