Pioneer Services Gives Back During the 2015 Holiday Season
Company focuses on giving, volunteerism for military families
December 17, 2015
Pioneer Services, a Division of MidCountry Bank, continued its tradition of giving back during this holiday season, undertaking a variety of unique and memorable initiatives to benefit its military customers, as well as the communities it serves.
- Volunteerism—Team members donated gifts and their time for at-need families, with 37 Salvation Army "angels" adopted in the Kansas City headquarters, and 13 families sponsored in its Las Vegas location through the Nellis Air Force Base Adopt-a-Family program.
- Retail locations—Pioneer Services' new retail locations participated in a number of events, including the Commanding General’s Christmas Party at Camp Pendleton, Calif.; a holiday gala to benefit the ASYMCA at Fort Hood, Texas; and the annual "Turkey-Drop and Ham Grenade" event at Lewis-McCord, Wash., which provided hundreds of free turkeys and hams to help families offset expenses. The Pendleton, Calif., location also created a free gift-wrapping station in the office for local customers to use.
- Holiday "Do’s and Don'ts" Video—This unique, animated video encourages service members to spend wisely and be safe during the holidays. It provides practical budgeting advice, as well as other helpful tips in a fun, interesting format.
- Win-Win Giveaway—This sweepstakes awarded two lucky winners $2,000 each, with Pioneer Services providing a matching donation to one of several military charities chosen by the winners.
- Holiday vouchers—The company provided dozens of $25 “Seasoned Greetings” gift cards to needy families this year through its military relations team and retail network, helping individuals purchase a holiday turkey, gifts, or other goods. Vouchers were also distributed to the Military District of Washington and the 3rd Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) at Arlington Cemetery. More than 150 families received help this year, with more than $115,000 donated since the program’s inception a decade ago.
- 2015 Holiday Survey—The first-ever Pioneer Services Holiday Spending Survey gained insight into military members' spending, travel, and holiday preferences. More than 200 service members participated in this online survey, which was the basis for a blog and infographic on the findings.
- HolidaySpendingPlanner.org—This free online holiday spending site included budgeting and spending information and resources, helpful blogs and guides, and links to budgeting calculators.
"These combined individual and organizational efforts truly made a difference, and they are something we should all be proud of," said Steve Meads, President of Pioneer Services. "We thank our team members for all they do in the community, and we wish everyone the happiest of holidays, and an outstanding start to the New Year!"