Military Spouse Resources
Are you a military spouse—the one who controls the finances while your spouse is deployed, handles frequent moves with resolve and acts as the support system for your military loved one? Good news: We’ve compiled some essential information, organized by topic, sure to help make your busy life a little bit easier to manage.
military spouse finance guide
Drawn from more than 25 years of serving the unique financial needs of military families, the Military Spouse Finance Guide: Financial Advice for the Homefront is a reference guide on the fundamentals of personal financial management. This multiple-award-winning book was written specifically for the heroes of the homefront and provides a wide range of easy-to-use financial tips and information designed for military spouses.
With forewords by Sylvia Kidd of the Association of the United States Army and U.S. Army Command Sergeant Major Roger Stradley, (Ret) of USA Cares, Inc., the book is filled with practical, easy-to-follow financial tips you can use throughout your spouse's military career — and even into civilian life. Both the American Bankers Association and Institute for Financial Literacy have recognized it as one of the best available books on financial education.
The Military Spouse Finance Guide is available as a FREE e-book in a variety of formats to fit your needs. Download a copy today.
When you’re in the military, staying on top of your finances can be a challenge. From getting ahead, to being prepared, to just making wiser decisions about your money today and tomorrow, we recommend these resources as a smart place to start.
- Power of Attorney: Discover the different types and purposes of a POA (includes free forms to use).
- Credit Repair Kit: An easy-to-follow guide—complete with a free, interactive PDF you can download—to show you the way to better credit.
- Financial Podcasts: Learn money management skills with the award-winning Financial PEP Talk podcast series.
- Military Financial Guides: Helpful financial guides on a wide-range of topics related to military life.
- Military Pay Chart: Helpful when developing a long-term financial plan.
- Military Pay Issues: DFAS is the go-to place for all pay-related matters, including PCS and TDY information and how to read your spouse’s LES.
Finding a job when you’re married to a member of the military can be a challenge. The resources below can assist with your search — and help you put your best foot forward.
Sometimes it’s good to know you’re not alone. Whether you need advice on a family matter, benefits or some much-needed help, these resources can uplift and even lend a hand.
- Military Spouse Magazine: Created solely for military spouses, this publication covers everything from finance to personal matters to military issues.
- National Military Family Association: This organization provides helpful resources and information for military families.
- Military Benefits: Learn know more about the benefits you’re entitled to on this website which is run by the DOD.